- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 pack succulent scallops (6 Big ones!)
- A certain amount of parsley – That was rescued from a “Nearly past it!” situation. So satisfying to use it up!
- 1 big garlic clove – chopped
- A good slosh of vino calapso – white
- Cream – left over from pate making – I think?
- Rasher of bacon** – found this in freezer too all wrapped up – one rasher!! I must be losing my mind!
- OODLES of black pepper
- **If you are a pescatorian – Bacon need not be added! We aim to please!!
Rinse Scallops (Don’t soak – I know you know that dear!)
Heat a pan with a nob (great word! Should it have a ‘K’ – nob – I mean?) of butter and squirt of olive oil – not tooo hot – chop the rasher and introduce it to the pan fry till quite crispy – then in go the scallops – press them down into the pan 2mins – long enough – not that I have ever timed this!!
When they are slightly caramel turn the scallops- press down again and add the garlic and tarragon, black pep and white wine … I popped some in the pan and some down my throat – very satisfactory! – 2 more mins then take the scallops out and put somewhere warm and cosy – add the cream to the pan and stir quite hard until sauce is thickened and at this point add the chopped parsley.
Pop scallops into a warm dish and throw sauce over with abandon. Salt and pepper to taste…